The Montessori School is committed to making its educational programs accessible to families of all socio-economic backgrounds. To do this, we award tuition assistance to families who cannot afford to pay the full cost of tuition. Approximately 15% of families receive some form of financial aid. Awards may cover up to half of tuition.
Application and Award Process
Tuition assistance awards at The Montessori School are need-based, and are determined through a thorough evaluative process beginning with a family’s application through FACTS Management Company, a secure online program that evaluates a family’s ability to pay tuition based on a variety of factors. Among the factors considered are: income, net worth, housing costs, number of children paying tuition, and cost of living for our area.
Upon receiving the FACTS recommendation, The Montessori School’s Tuition Assistance Committee evaluates the recommended award based upon our applicant pool and available dollars. We evaluate each application on a case-by-case basis and review all applications comparatively to ensure equity and fairness in our decisions.
The deadline for Tuition Assistance applications for 2013-2014 was February 19, 2013. It is still possible to apply for Tuition Assistance, but families who did so before the deadline will receive priority and funds for later applicants may not be available. Notification of awards for families who filed on-time will be made by March 15, 2013. All other notifications will be sent after that date, according to the order in which applications are received.
To apply for tuition assistance:
- To begin your application, click on this link to FACTS. The application will take 30-45 minutes to complete. Once you begin, you will create a user name and password that will allow you to exit the application and return at a later time, if needed.
- To complete the online application, you will need your Federal income tax return from the most recently ended tax year. Because of this, we strongly encourage you to plan to complete and file your tax return in the first week of February. Other financial information, such as household income and expenses, utility information, insurance costs (home, life, auto, medical), medical expenses, etc, may also be requested.
- A hard copy of your filed Federal income tax return is required as part of your FACTS application, and must be sent to FACTS by the tuition assistance deadline.
- An application fee is required and can be paid to FACTS online by credit card. If you are unable to pay this fee, please contact the Head of School at (410) 321-8555.
- Applications must be submitted in their entirety by the tuition assistance deadline. Applications received after this date will be reviewed in order of date received, if funds remain for disbursement.
For additional financial assistance information, please contact:
Assistant Director of Admissions